How to connect Echo Show to Alexa app?- Echo Show is the most advanced Echo device that offers a touch screen along with all other benefits. Thus you can watch movies on it, listen to music, see the search results, do the settings directly on Echo Show, and much more. This device is the only device where you can just forget your mobile phone while using Echo Show. Once you’ve got your Echo Show handy, you need to initially connect it to the Alexa app on your mobile to start using it. But many times, we don’t understand how to connect Echo Show to Alexa app?
This is because Echo Show doesn’t really teach you the various things and just starts over. But don’t you worry. In this blog, we cover the various methods to connect your Echo Show to the Alexa App on your mobile or computer. You can even do a video call using your Echo Show device. It has the option to turn on and off the camera. You also get do not disturb mode.
So let’s get started with the process to pair Echo Show to the Alexa App on the mobile phone. Before you start with the setup process you need to make sure that you have access to Wi-Fi.
Methods to Connect Echo Show to Alexa App
Setting up Echo Show is quite easy and can be done within a few minutes. Echo Shows offers a screen and thus you can complete the entire process on that only. We’ve listed the entire process in the steps mentioned below. So go through these carefully and set up your Echo Show.
Once you switch it on, you’ll be required to choose the language that you are comfortable with. Then connect
- Plugin your Echo Show to the electricity socket and switch it on.
- Now the Echo Show will show you the list of available Wi-Fi networks and you are supposed to connect the device to a common Wi-Fi.
- Once the Echo Show is turned on, you’ll be prompted to log in to your account.
- Sign in to the account using the login id and password.
- If you’ve forgotten your id and password or you are new to the portal, then you can always create a new account. Tap on New Registration or ‘Create a New Account’ whichever is visible.
- Now choose your time zone.
- Meanwhile, download Alexa App on your mobile from the Google Play Store or App Store as the case is.
- Now sign in to your account as required by the app. You will require the same login credentials as used before in the Echo Show device. Using different ids can create problems.
- Doing this will automatically pair your Echo Show with the Alexa App on your mobile.
You can confirm this through the Alexa app on your mobile. Open the Alexa app on your mobile, go to the Devices section, then click on Echo & Alexa. There you will find your Echo Show visible in the list of devices connected to the Alexa App.
After this setup, you are required to configure certain settings for your Echo App like the room in which the device will be placed, the name of the device, theme for the clock, etc. After doing these configurations, Echo Show will display a video to teach you how to go through this device.
You can also configure various settings using the Alexa App on your mobile phone. After opening the Alexa app, you can go to the settings and change the various settings to make your Echo Show as per your preferences.
Additional Method to Connect Echo Show to Alexa App
Not able to connect directly from the Echo Show? Want to try an alternative method to connect? We’ve brought you an additional way to connect your Echo Show to your mobile device. This method does not involve using the Echo Show, rather everything can be done through the mobile app. Follow the steps mentioned below to connect your Echo Show to the Alexa app using the app itself.
- Download the Alexa app from Google Play Store or App Store based on the device you possess.
- In the meantime plug your Echo Show into the electricity socket to turn it on.
- Now install the Alexa App and open it. After opening you’ll be prompted to login into your account using the user id and password.
- In case you’ve forgotten your user id or password, you can always click on forgot password and proceed to restore your account.
- Try again after you’ve reset your account and received a fresh username and password.
- After this set up your Echo Show device by following the on-screen instructions.
- For the setup part, you’ll be prompted to choose a language and time zone feasible for you. Later you’ll be asked to connect to a Wi-Fi network.
- Choose the same Wi-Fi network as your mobile phone. Connect your mobile to the same Wi-Fi network, then only you’ll be able to connect your Echo Show to the Alexa App on your mobile.
- After you’ve connected your Echo Show to the Wi-Fi network, then you’ll be required to log in to your account using the id and password.
- Make sure that you log in using the same id and password that you used in the Alexa App.
- Now open the Alexa App and go to settings. Then click on devices and select Add Echo. Then you’ll be shown a list of available devices, select your Echo Show from the list of devices.
- Once you’ve selected your Echo Show, you’ll be finally connected to the Alexa App and you can use Alexa hands-free through voice commands.
Follow these steps carefully and you’ll be able to successfully connect your Echo Show to the Alexa App.
Unable to Connect Echo Show to Alexa app?
If you are still stuck and are unable to pair Echo Show to the Alexa App on your mobile phone, then we have listed a few troubleshooting steps that you can follow to get rid of the problem.
- Check the internet connection. You can check this by connecting another device to the same Wi-Fi and checking the connectivity.
- Check if the wires are properly connected to the socket or not.
- Make sure you are using the same account to log in on both devices. It is possible that you are logging in with two different ids on the two devices.
- If still, you are not able to connect, then uninstall the Alexa app and reinstall it and try connecting again.
- You can even try resetting your Echo Show from the settings and try again.
- You can deregister your Echo Show from your account and try registering again to connect it to the Alexa App.
Hopefully, you’re able to connect your Echo Show to the Alexa App using these methods. We’ve provided enough steps that you can follow to set up your device. But if due to some reason you are not able to connect your Echo Show to the Alexa device, then you can talk to Alexa Experts either over chat or connect them using the Alexa Helpline number 1-872-888-1589.