- When you post a TikTok, you can use the audio in the original video or record a voiceover.
- While recording a TikTok voiceover you can add effects to change the sound of your voice.
- To easily access your TikTok sounds, save them to your Favorites tab to use them in future videos.
Sounds are central to TikTok. A video paired with just the right sound can increase the shareability of your post, and viral sounds can inspire creators from all over the TikTok community to use your sound in their own videos.
Whether you’re making TikTok videos just for fun or as a means of growing a personal brand or business, creating a popular sound can boost your views and following.
Below, we walk you through how to make and save sounds on TikTok, plus tips for creating popular sounds.
How to make a sound on TikTok
1. Open the TikTok app. Tap the plus (+) button at the bottom of the screen to record a new video.
2. Tap the red record button and film your content.
3. When you’re finished recording, tap the red check mark.
4. If you want, add a voiceover in the Edit screen by tapping the down arrow on the side menu, then Audio editing. Tap Record, then record your voiceover. Tap Replace original sound with recording to only hear your voiceover in the final video. When you’re finished, tap Save.
Quick tip: Add a voice effect by tapping one of the options to the right of the record button. These include Chipmunk, Baritone, Robot, and Synth.
5. Tap Next.
6. Tap Post to upload your TikTok.
Quick tip: If you’re just interested in saving your sound and not the video, select Only me in Who can watch this video.
7. Navigate to the Profile tab, then open the TikTok you just posted.
8. Tap the spinning record icon at the bottom-right of the screen.
9. Tap Add to Favorites to use the audio later. Alternatively, tap Use this sound to create a new TikTok video using your custom sound.
Quick tip: You can also edit the sound name to something more searchable and view other videos using the sound on this page.
Tips for creating sounds on TikTok
Ready to go viral on TikTok and quit your day job? Of course, there are no guarantees, but here are some tips for creating shareable sounds:
- Make it clean. Aim for a clean sound recording with minimal background noise, which can be distracting.
- Turn up the volume. Make your sounds loud and clear, so that even if someone is listening to your video over their phone speakers in a crowded place, they’ll still get the gist.
- Loop it. Keep your audio short, and if it loops seamlessly, even better.
- Go viral with creativity. Create something new and unique. Think about what you can bring to the table that’s different.
- How to clear an SD card and erase all of its data, including the hidden junk files you can't usually delete
- 25 Free Games & Apps Quest 3 Owners Should Download First
- How to delete downloads on Mac
- How to Get Desktop Notifications for Gmail
- ACV Keto Gummies – Apple Cider Vinegar 2023 – Best Weight Loss ACV Gummies & Top 5 Keto Gummy In US, AU, UK, CA!