Setting up your voicemail is important, but it’s often a somewhat counter intuitive process, and the same goes for changing your voicemail password. The way to ensure people can leave messages for you varies not only between platforms but also between individual phones and, worse, between carriers.
Depending on where you are in the world, setting up your voicemail can be completely different than recommended by some of the web’s most popular guides.Your carrier will determine how you change your Android voicemail password. You can contact them directly, but most carriers provide an easier method for resetting your phone’s password.
If you know your current password, you may be able to change it in the Phone app settings with some carriers. If the steps below do not work for you, see the section below for instructions for specific carriers.
- Open the Phone app and click on the three dots in the upper-right corner.
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down and select Voicemail.
- Click on Change PIN.
- Enter your current password and click on Continue.
- Insert a new PIN, and then click on Continue. Enter the code again and tap OK to confirm
STEP 1. Calling in to Set up Voicemail on Android
Calling your mailbox directly is the most common way to set up voicemail. You can access your voicemail in two ways: by dialing your phone number or by using the quick dial number found on most phones.
- Launch the Phone application.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap the dial pad icon.
- Touch and hold the number 1 until the call begins.
- Alternatively, enter your phone number in its entirety and press the call button.
- Follow the prompts to create a pin code and a greeting.
STEP 2. How to Configure Android Visual Voicemail
Visual Voicemail can be enabled on Android phones running Android 6.0 or later, as long as the carrier supports it. However, not all carriers provide Visual Voicemail support, and some even charge a fee for it. Here’s what you need to do if your phone supports Visual Voicemail.
- Launch the Phone app.
- Locate and tap the Voicemail icon. This icon can be found at the bottom of the app or next to the Start Call button on the Keypad, depending on the phone.
- By tapping the three dots in the top right corner of the app, you can change any Voicemail settings.
- Locate Voicemail in the list and select it.
- You can now change your voicemail greeting and select different notification options.
What should I do if I can’t remember my voicemail password?
If you forget the password you set up when you first installed Android voicemail, you must reset it through your carrier.
Is it possible to bypass my voicemail password on Android?
It is determined by your carrier. Check your carrier’s website to see if they provide advanced security features such as the ability to disable your voicemail password.
Why are my calls on Android phone going straight to voicemail?
Check your volume settings and adjust the Ring volume if you’re missing calls on Android. If you have Airplane mode, Do Not Disturb, or call forwarding enabled, disable them.
How do I turn off voicemail on Android?
It is up to your carrier how you disable your Android voicemail. You might need to use a carrier-specific code, turn off call forwarding, or simply fill up your mailbox.
Still Experiencing Difficulties ? Try this
Have you attempted all of the aforementioned methods and other accessible options to reset your voicemail password on your Android smartphone device? Then please get in touch with the nearest Carlcare Services Center phone repair service. You don’t need to worry about who is the most dependable because Carlcare has you covered.
Our Carlcare Repair Services and Areas faculty at Carlcare can quickly, effectively, and efficiently assist customers in resolving the majority of technical issues with their devices. By booking a reservation with us online or visit any of our service centers to speak with an agent, you can get solutions to your Android phone problems. Get guaranteed efficient phone repair services from Carlcare immediately.
Need Further Assistance? Contact Calrcare Services
What ever the issue is that you can’t handle, book a Carlcare service for reservation and we’ve got you covered. Carlcare is the Official after-sales service center for all Infinix, Tecno, Itel and Syinix brands. Carlcare provides support services in the form of professional repair and maintenance service ensuring that your phone is kept in optimal shape while you enjoy using it. You won’t find a better support out there except Carlcare .