Annoyed by red underlines on words spelt correctly? It usually occurs when wrong language is chosen for your document. This how-to article is about changing the language in Word files using ONLYOFFICE Document Editor.
How to сhange display language in Word documents on desktop?
ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors include free Word document editor for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
To change the interface language in ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors, follow these steps:
- Click on the File tab in the top-left corner of the interface. From the dropdown menu, select Options.
- Navigate to the Interface tab and look for the Language section and click on the dropdown menu.
- Select your desired language from the available options and click OK to save the changes.
The interface language of ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors will now be changed to your selected language.
Please note that ONLYOFFICE Desktop Editors may require a restart for the changes to take effect.
How to сhange display language to edit Word document online?
For anyone who prefers online document editing and real-time collaboration, ONLYOFFICE DocSpace would be a perfect choice.
While the full range of DocSpace settings is only available for administrators and owners, any users can change the interface language for their own profile.
- Click three-dots next to your name in DocSpace.
- Open Profile and select the desired language in the section with your picture.
How to set the document language?
By setting the document language, spell check tools can accurately detect and correct spelling errors based on the selected language’s dictionary. AutoCorrect feature can automatically fix common typos and formatting errors based on the selected language.
Changing the language in Word files is easy in ONLYOFFICE Docs.
- Open your document and click the globe icon at the lower-right corner.
- Select the language from the drop-down list.
Your document will now be set to the language you selected, and any spelling and grammar checks will be performed in that language.
How to change spell check language in Word document?
During the previous step, we altered language in the entire document. What if you have text in multiple languages in one text file, for example a course book for learning a foreign language?
While the most part of content in a file uses the language set for the entire document, you can pick another one for any paragraph:
- Select the text written in a language different from the rest of your document.
- Click language displayed near the globe icon at the lower-right corner.
- Choose the desired language for your short passage.
Now spellchecking will also be available for paragraphs in the second language.
Plugins for spellchecking in ONLYOFFICE Docs
If you’re using third-party extensions for checking grammar in your text, language should be set on these services. In ONLYOFFICE Docs, one of the most common spellchecking plugins is LanguageTool.
Users who prefer LanguageTool should follow these steps to change language in Word documents picked for spellchecking:
- Open the Plugins tab and click on LanguageTool.
- Select the text you want to check.
- Choose your language (it can be detected automatically or set manually).
Next, you want to choose the corrections to be applied to your text. They will appear in the text in the field on the left panel.
Get the best online office suite for collaboration today or download our desktop app for free!
START ONLINE DESKTOP APP
- How to Type the Bullet Point Symbol (•) on Your Keyboard
- How To Play Fortnite On Chromebook In 2022 [Step-By-Step Guide]
- IOS 16: How to set different wallpaper for iPhone home screen and lock screen
- Get the Most Out of Your New TV With These Tricks and Tweaks
- How to Add Multiple Locations on Google Maps: Step-by-Step Guide