If you need an affordable subscription video streaming service that allows you to watch hundreds of MLB and NHL games, college sports, top American and international soccer events, and more, you should consider watching ESPN+.
So, how to watch ESPN+ on LG TV? Buy a compatible streaming device like Firestick or Roku. Use your LG TV default browser. Launch the web browser>Go to the ESPN website>Log in with your subscription details>Get your ESPN+ on LG TV. Use your computer or laptop through an HDMI cable or the SmartShare function on your LG TV.
The steps you need to follow to install and watch ESPN+ on LG TV are simple. If you want a detailed explanation of what you should do to avoid making mistakes, read on to the end.
Is ESPN Available on LG Smart TV?
No, ESPN+ is yet to launch a native app for LG Smart TV. That means if you recently bought an LG Smart TV and are looking for ESPN+, you’ll likely not find it there. That’s why we have said, “no.”However, that doesn’t contradict what we mentioned a little earlier than you can watch ESPN+ on your LG TV.
How to Download ESPN+ On LG TV?
To sign up and watch ESPN+ on LG Smart TV, you should download and install the app if you don’t have it yet.
Here are the steps you can follow to download ESPN+:
- Click on the Home button on your LG TV remote control.
- Launch the LG Content Store. Go to the top of the screen and select the APPS category. Take a look at the list of apps shown.
- Search for “ESPN+” from the list.
- Read the app’s description to confirm whether you have chosen the right one, and then press “Install.”
- You can run the app as soon as the installation is complete.
As we said, this standard method of installing LG TV apps may not work in your favor. We shall see alternatives to dealing with this issue in the section on watching ESPN+ on LG TV below.
How to Sign Up for ESPN+?
If you’ve downloaded ESPN+, you can sign up for the service. here are the steps you should follow to sign up for the service:
- Go to your browser and open the https://plus.espn.com/.
- Click on “Subscribe to ESPN Only.”
- Fill in your “Create Account” page.
- Enter your payment information.
- Choose an ESPN+ subscription plan.
- Complete the payment process. You’ll see the SUCCESS page if you’ve successfully done so.
You’ve now successfully signed up.
Please note that you may be required to activate your account before using it. If you come across this, take the activation code sent to you and insert it in the activation box on your screen.
How to Watch ESPN+ on LG TV?
We have three reliable ways of watching ESPN+ on LG TV, and they largely determine the installation procedure that you should follow.
Read on for more detailed info if you’re asking for the best ways to watch your ESPN+ on LG TV.
1. Purchase a Compatible Streaming Device
Buy a streaming device that will serve your purposes. Remember, almost all of the streaming devices in the market today support ESPN+ on LG TV. You can go for Roku, Amazon FireStick, or any other. Check out the list of the Best Streaming Devices on Amazon now!
Remember that the correct installation instructions will depend on your chosen streaming device. So, the best thing to do is buy the device first and then consult the provided owner’s manual for specific installation instructions.
2. Use Your Default Browser
If you don’t want to spend money on a streaming device, use your LG TV’s built-in WebOS TV browser. To use this method to watch ESPN+ on LG TV, you should follow the steps below.
- Launch the web browser.
- Go to the ESPN website.
- Log in with your subscription details.
- Get your ESPN+ on LG TV.
Please note that you’ll need to allow your videos adequate time to load and enable full-screen mode to stream your content with zero lag.
If that doesn’t guarantee you a smooth ESPN+ streaming experience, you should shift from a WIFI Ethernet connection. If your Ethernet internet connection is stable and fast enough, you won’t have any issues streaming 4K content.
3. Use Your PC
This might not be the most convenient method, but it allows you to install and stream your preferred content through ESPN+. It would be best you had a computer or laptop with an HDMI port and a spare HDMI cable. You can use the cable to connect to the LG smart TV.
4. Use Apple AirPlay
This option is only good if you or your family members have an iPhone or iPad. Taking the fact that this phone brand practically dominates the market together with Samsung, we believe it will be useful for many of our readers to include this point here.
- Sign up for ESPN+ following the instructions above.
- Install the ESPN+app on your iPhone/iPad.
- Once installed, log in using your ESPN+ credentials.
- Make sure your Smart TV is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your iPhone/iPad.
- Start streaming the content in the ESPN+ app and select the AirPlay icon.
- Choose your LG Smart TV and it will start displaying on your LG TV.
5. Use LG Screen Sharing Option
Since we provided an option for our iPhone users, it’s only fair that we do the same for our Android readers. Using a technology called Miracast you can cast the content of your phone or laptop to your LG TV seamlessly. You simply need to connect your device to your LG TV.
We have an in-depth article on how you can use screen sharing to cast your ESPN+ to your LG TV:
How To Screen Share On Your LG Smart TV(Android/iPhone/PC)
Now that ESPN+ is yet to launch a native app for LG Smart TV, you should consider buying a streaming device that can serve your purpose. It’s currently the best way to get ESPN+ on your smart LG TV. You can also use the built-in WebOS TV browser or your personal computer. So, if you don’t find ESPN+ on your LG Smart TV, you are still spoilt for choice and can install and watch ESPN+ on your LG TV without any trouble.