How do I access the Google Docs trash
As a nice free online word app in Google, Google Docs provides professional creation and edition features for you. With the help of Google Docs, you can create, edit, and even share your word files to work collaboratively.
As a result, there will be a lot of important files and data in your Google Docs. However, there is a risk of loss in Google Docs due to many reasons like virus attacks, manual deletions, system crashes, and more. Files on computer disappeared can be troublesome for you so you may need an effective solution to find your lost files.
Once your file on Google Docs is deleted, a trash folder in Google Drive will save it for 30 days. If your file has not been deleted permanently, it will be possible for you to find it in trash. You may want to know how to find trash in Google Docs and can I recover deleted files from Google Docs? We prepared detailed guidelines and methods in the following parts.
How to find trash in Google Docs properly
If your file in Google Docs is deleted normally, then it will be saved in the Trash folder of Google Drive for 30 days. In this period, before you clean up the Trash folder, you can go to find and recover your Google Docs files. Trash folder plays an important role in the Google Drive files missing issue and can help you as well.
How to find trash in Google Docs on computer
Just follow the detailed steps to find Google Docs trash folder on your computer:
1. Navigate to the Google Drive website first. Log into your Google account properly.
2. On this page, choose the Trash option on the left panel.
3. Then, you will see all the recently deleted Google files here. Find your Google Docs file and right-click on it to choose Restore. Then it will be recovered to your Google Docs successfully.
How to find trash in Google Docs on phone
In addition to find trash on your computer, there is a way to find trash in Google Docs on your phone. You can download the Google Drive mobile app on your phone, then click on the icon on the left top.
Then, you can find Trash on menu. Go to the part to restore your deleted Google Docs files then.
Better ways to recover Google Docs
The method above is suitable for recently deleted Google Docs files. However, in many cases, your lost or deleted files in Google Docs have disappeared for a long time, or they were not put into the Trash folder at all. After knowing how to go to trash in Google Docs, here we will introduce 3 better ways to recover Google Docs files. After reading, you can get your files back successfully.
Way 1. Recover Google Docs using a file recovery tool
As long as you have saved your Google Docs files on your computer, this method can help you find and recover them efficiently. Here comes a professional file recovery tool called MyRecover.
MyRecover is a reliable free data recovery software, providing comprehensive and useful recovery features. More than 200 types of files can be recovered with it so your deleted and lost Google Docs files can be found and recovered in it.
What’s more, no matter why your Google Docs files are lost or deleted, MyRecover can help you because it supports to recover files from crashes, format, deletion, etc.
In addition, MyRecover has many shining points as well:
● Provide a high recovery rate and recovery speed.● Comprehensive scanning methods including Deep Scan and Quick Scan.● Available in all Windows operating systems containing 11/10/8/7 and Windows Server 2022, 2019, 2016, 2012, etc.● Easy graphical user interface and operation steps.
Download and set up such a stable file recovery tool, then follow the simple guideline to recover your Google Docs files:
1. First, choose the partition or disk that saved your Google Docs before. Then, click Start Scan to let MyRecover scan it.
2. Then all your deleted files and other missing files in the disk will appear after Quick Scan and Deep Scan by MyRecover automatically.
3. After checking the scanning result. You can choose a new location for your recovered Google Docs files. Finally, press the Recover X files button to recover your Google Docs files easily.
Way 2. Recover Google Docs in previous version
There is a Version history feature in Google Docs. If you have enabled the Version history feature and created backups of your files on the computer, you can see the Version history of them and recover deleted files from Google Docs:
1. Go to your Google Docs file, and choose the File tab on the top. Then click on Version history on the pop-up menu and choose See version history.
2. If you find the Google Docs file you want to recover here, click on the three-dot icon and choose Restore this version. Then, this version of your Google Docs file will be recovered.
Way 3. Recover Google Docs from Google Admin Console
How to recover deleted files from Google Docs? Another way is to go to Google Admin Console to recover your Google Docs files. If your Google Docs file is lost in 25 days, you can ask administrator for help and here are the steps to recover files for you:
1. Go to Google Admin Console and choose Users on this page.
2. Right-click on the user who represents you, and choose RESTORE DATA.
3. You can set up the Date range and click on RESTORE then.
Written in the end
How to find trash in Google Docs? We believe you have known the solution to it already. There is a detailed guideline for you to find and recover Google Docs files from trash. Besides, 3 extra ways to recover Google Docs are also introduced in this post. You can choose one of the best file recovery software to help you directly.