It happens to all of us. You take off your Apple Watch and suddenly can’t find it anywhere. But don’t worry! You can ping your Apple Watch from your iPhone to find it quickly if it’s nearby.
Pinging plays a loud sound on your watch to help you locate it from wherever it disappeared, such as the crack in the couch, the abyss behind your bed, or the pocket of the coat you threw into the laundry. Let me show you how it works.
- How to find Apple Watch by pinging it from iPhone
- How to ping iPhone from Apple Watch
- Can’t ping your Apple Watch from your iPhone? 4 Ways to fix it
Keep in mind that this only makes sense if your watch is nearby to hear the sound and retrieve it.
How to find Apple Watch by pinging it from iPhone
- Open the Find My app on your iPhone.
- Go to the Devices tab.
- Tap your Apple Watch on the list of devices.
- Tap Play Sound. Your watch will start playing a sound that can help you locate it if it’s nearby.
- Once you find it, tap Dismiss to stop the pinging sound on your Apple Watch.
It’s that easy! Moreover, just like pinging your lost Apple Watch, you can also ping your iPhone using your watch. Read on to find out more.
How to ping iPhone from Apple Watch
- On your watch face, swipe up to access the Control Center.
- Tap the phone icon.
- Your iPhone will start ringing, provided it’s within the Bluetooth range of your Apple Watch.
Note: You will need to keep tapping the button to keep your phone ringing until you find it.
Can’t ping your Apple Watch from your iPhone? 4 Ways to fix it
Are you facing issues with the Find My Apple Watch sound not ringing? This is probably because your device doesn’t meet the criteria needed for this to work. Follow the tips below to ensure you can ping your Apple Watch from your iPhone.
1. Pair your iPhone with Apple Watch
Your watch must be paired with your iPhone for Find My to work. Open the app on your phone and ensure your watch appears as a paired device. If it doesn’t, you will not be able to ping it.
2. Both devices must be on the same iCloud account
You must be signed into the same iCloud account on your iPhone and Apple Watch to ping your Apple Watch.
3. Enable Find My iPhone and Find My Apple Watch
Find My helps you track down your Apple devices. So you must have enabled Find My on your Apple Watch and iPhone to play the ping sound.
4. Check the network connection on both devices
As mentioned above too, your watch and phone must be connected to a working Wi-Fi network for the ping sound to work.
That’s it! Now you know how to ping your Apple Watch from your iPhone. Let me know in the comments if you have additional questions.
- Apple’s Find My network: How to use it and opt out of it
- How to use the Find My app to locate a lost or stolen device
- How to set up and use cellular on Apple Watch
- Best places to buy refurbished Apple Watch
Readers like you help support iGeeksBlog. When you make a purchase using links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read Disclaimer.