While Blu-rays and CDs are considered things of the past, this is far from the truth. Instead, a lot of people still use Blu-rays and access their content on various platforms. Whether it be old movies or accessing data that you stored on it, there will come times when you wish to play Blu-ray on PC.
You can easily learn how to play Blu-ray without remote and on your PC. For those of you who have a Windows 10 computer, here is how to play Blu-ray on Windows 10. Each of the methods discussed has easy to follow steps for your convenience.
Method 1: Get a Blu-ray Player for Your PC
In fact, there are several useful Blu-ray players for managing your Blu-ray discs on a computer, but we’ll focus on two of them in this part: DVDFab Player 7 and VLC player.
Using DVDFab Player 7 (A Professional Blu-ray Player)
A great and convenient way of playing Blu-ray on your PC is via the DVDFab Player 7. This is a 4K media player delivered by DVDFab. The latest version of the software is packed with value-added features and improvements. The playback engine of DVDFab Player 7 plays an integral role in delivering a smooth and lag-free performance. It supports various options including DVD, Blu-ray, and 4K Ultra Blu-ray.
Key Features of DVDFab Player 7
- Available for both Windows and Mac operating systems.
- High-quality playback of DVD and (4K) Blu-ray discs from all countries and regions
- Enjoy DVDs, Blu-rays, and 4K Blu-rays with Menus
- Jump Straightforward to the Feature-Length Title
- Support for HDR10, HDR10+, and Dolby Vision for enhanced video quality
- Hi-Res audio output, including Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, and DTS-HD Master Audio
- Supports playlist creation and management.
Here is how to play Blu-ray on Windows 10 using the Blu-ray player.
Step 1: Launch the DVDFab Player 7 on your PC. Click the “Settings” button on the top right corner, and you will be provided two options, which include PC and TV modes. Select the PC mode to enjoy the ultimate immersive movie watching experience. You can also choose the TV mode that would allow you to play the video on a large screen. Here, the remote control for Windows Media Center will come in handy.
Step 2: Insert the Blu-ray disc in the optical drive of your computer. Then, click on the “My Computer” – “File Explorer” icons in the bottom left corner and select the file you wish to play.
Using VLC Player (A Free Blu-ray Player)
You have probably heard of VLC player. VLC (short for VideoLAN Client) is a free and open-source media player software that is widely used for playing various types of media files, including videos, music, and DVDs. VLC was developed by the VideoLAN project and is available for multiple platforms, including Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS, and more. The fact that it doesn’t have any ads, even though it is free, is a feature lauded by many.
By default, VLC does not support Blu-ray playback due to the licensing and encryption requirements of Blu-ray technology. However, you can still play Blu-ray discs using VLC with the help of third-party libraries and plugins.
To play Blu-ray discs in VLC, you need to install two libraries: libbluray and AACS dynamic library. Here are the steps you can follow to play Blu-ray discs in VLC:
- Download and install the latest version of VLC media player on your computer.
- Download and install the libbluray library. You can find it on the official website of VLC.
- Download the AACS dynamic library from a trusted website. Make sure to download the appropriate version of the library according to your operating system.
- Once downloaded, extract the AACS library to a folder on your computer.
- Open VLC media player and go to “Media” > “Open Disc” > “Blu-ray.”
- In the “Disc Selection” window, select the “Blu-ray” option and click “Play.”
- If prompted, locate the AACS library you downloaded and extracted earlier and select it.
- VLC will now start playing the Blu-ray disc.
Note that playing Blu-ray discs using VLC may not work in some cases due to compatibility issues or other technical limitations. So the professional DVDFab Player 7 would be a better option to play any of your Blu-ray discs.
Method 2: Converting Blu-ray to Digital for PC Playback
Using DVDFab Blu-Ray Ripper
Do you wish to let go of the inconvenience of playing your Blu-rays only on PCs that have the correct type of media player? Well, you can avoid this by ripping the Blu-ray using the DVDFab Blu-Ray Ripper. Once you have ripped the Blu-rays into digital formats, you can then use any media player to play the output.
The DVDFab Blu-Ray Ripper is fast and easy to use. The ripping process is very easy, and the quality of the output is ensured by the use of enhanced technology.
Its key features include the following:
- Auto-remove any Blu-ray copy protection, even the latest protection
- Rip and convert Blu-ray disc, ISO file, or Folder to 1000+ video & audio formats
- Rip Blu-ray to 245+ preset devices, such as Huawei, Google, Apple
- Upscale video quality from 1080p to 4K with Enlarger AI
- Output media server friendly metadata information
- Features advanced GPU acceleration technology and multitasking support.
- Change, cut, trim, crop, combine, set brightness, apply clips, and watermark or subtitles via built-in video editor.
Here is how you can rip Blu-rays using it:
Step 1: Run DVDFab and opt for the Ripper module present on the top. Load the source which can be Blu-ray ISO file/DVD/folder.
Step 2: After loading the source Blu-ray, you will find the profile library. Click on “Choose Other Profile” and select the device and format you want.
Step 3: Then go back to the main interface. You can choose to customize the output to your liking. Go to Advanced Settings if you want to make any changes to the title. You can also edit the video itself by clicking on the “Editor” option. You can change titles, subtitles, and chapters. The main title will be chosen by default.
Step 4: On the bottom, a folder icon will be present. Click on it and select a storage path on your PC for the output to be stored at. Finally, click on “Start” to begin the ripping process.
Now, the ouput Blu-ray video can be played using any device, media player and home theatre.
Learning how to play Blu-ray on your PC is not hard. All you need to do is find the perfect media player. Ripping the output is the best way to avoid the need for a compatible media player whenever you wish to play your Blu-ray on different PCs. At the end of the day, the method you choose is up to you. Select whichever method you find the easiest.