Use the button below to copy and paste the bullet point symbol
However, if you are looking for a step-by-step guide on how to type this symbol on your keyboard, please read on.
A bullet point is a typographical symbol used to introduce items in a list. For Example:
In today’s article, you’ll learn about all the available methods you can use to type the Bullet Point symbol using either Windows or Mac.
Without any further ado, let’s get to work.
Bullet Point [•] Quick Guide
To type the Bullet Point symbol on Mac, press Option+8 shortcut on your keyboard. For Windows users, press down the Alt key and type 0149 on the numeric keypad, then release the Alt key.
The table below contains a quick information about the Bullet Point.
The above quick guide provides some useful information about the Bullet Point symbol. However, below are other options you can use to type this symbol in Word/Excel/PowerPoint.
The Bullet Point [•] Alt Code for Windows
The alt code for bullet is 0149.
Obey the following instructions to type this symbol using the alt code method:
- Place the insertion pointer where you need the symbol.
- Press and hold the Alt key on your keyboard.
- Whilst holding on to the Alt key, press the bullet alt code (0149) using the numeric keypad.
- Release the Alt key after typing the Alt code to insert the Symbol into your Word document.
This is how you may type the bullet point symbol on Windows using the Alt Code method.
How to type a bullet point on Mac
The keyboard shortcut to type the bullet point symbol on Mac is [Option] + .
Obey the following instructions to type this symbol on Mac using the keyboard shortcut stated above:
- First of all, place the insertion pointer where you need to type this symbol.
- Press and hold the [Option] key and hit once on the  key.
With this keyboard shortcut, you can type the Bullet Point symbol anywhere on your Mac computer.
How to insert bullet point in Word/Excel
The insert symbol dialog box is a library of symbols from where you can insert any symbol into your Word document with just a couple of mouse clicks. Using this dialog, you can insert the bullet point symbol in any of the office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Obey the following instructions to learn how:
- Click to place the insertion pointer at where you wish to insert the symbol.
- Go to the Insert tab.
- In the Symbols category, click on the Symbol drop-down and select More Symbols.
- The Symbol dialog box will appear. In the Subset drop-down list, select General Punctuation to display symbols in this category which includes the Bullet Point symbol.
- Select the symbol and hit the Insert button. Alternatively, double click on it to insert it into your document.
- Close the dialog.
The symbol will then be inserted exactly where you place the insertion pointer.
These are the steps you may use to insert the Bullet Points into your Word/Excel document.
Copy and Paste Bullet Point
One of the easiest ways to get any symbol on any PC is to use the copy and paste method. All you have to do is to copy the symbol from somewhere like a web page or the character map for windows users, and head over to where you need the symbol then hit Ctrl+V to paste.
To copy and paste the bullet symbol, select it and press Ctrl+C to copy, switch over to where you need it and press Ctrl+V to paste.
For windows users, obey the following instructions to copy and paste this symbol using the character map dialog.
- Click on the Start button and search for Character Map.
- The Character Map dialog will appear. Click on the Advanced view check box to expand the dialog box for more options.
- On the advanced view, type Bullet in the Search for: box.
- You should now see only the Bullet Point on the character map dialog. Double click on the symbol to select it. Alternatively, click on the Select button.
- After you select the symbol, hit on the Copy button to copy.
- Now switch to where ever you wish to insert the symbol and press Ctrl+V to paste.
This is how you may use the Character Map dialog to copy and paste any symbol on Windows PC.
There are several methods you can use to type or insert the bullet point on your PC or Mac.
The fastest way to insert this symbol on Windows is to use the Alt code method provided you know the bullet alt code. For Mac users, using the keyboard shortcut comes handy.
If you still want something to be clarified about this symbol, please let me know in the comments section below.