Call blocking is the best way to avoid unsolicited calls, abusive people, stalkers, and scammers. However, sometimes you may block valid numbers in error. If you are wondering how to unblock a phone number on a landline, this guide has the steps to help you unblock a landline temporarily or permanently.
While unblocking phone numbers can be a choice, protecting yourself from unwanted calls and scams is necessary. The best way to unblock and block phone numbers on your landline is to switch to Community Phone’s landline phone service.
Community Phone’s mission is to keep people connected and ensure that when the phone rings, it’s their family, friends, or doctor on the line. The best part? All landline plans include FREE spam call blocking. It enables you to flag any spam, unwanted, or robocalls and blocks them before your landline phone even rings.
How to Unblock Phone Numbers on a Landline Temporarily
Following these steps will allow you to call an unblocked number but will prevent the owner of the number from reaching you.
1. On Your Phone Dialer, Dial *82
If your service provider offers a per-call banning service, you can unblock any phone number with this universal code.
2. Dial the Phone Number You Want to Unblock
You can call the number you want to reach after dialing the unblocking short code, and the recipient of the call will be able to see your caller ID.
3. Rinse and Repeat
Since this is a quick method to unblock calls, you may have to follow steps 1 and 2 every time you want to call an unblocked number.
You can choose selective blocking if you want to call the person but not display your number. This option allows you to show your caller ID to select people.
Are unwanted calls driving you crazy? Find out how Community Phone successfully blocked 22,000 spam calls for landline users in August.Click the button below to see the results and learn how you can enjoy uninterrupted connection and peace of mind.
How to Permanently Unblock a Phone Number
The permanent approach is the best technique to unblock a phone number on a landline if you want to allow the owner of the number to call you. You have to contact your service provider before trying to unblock a phone number permanently.
How do you unblock a phone number permanently?
- Call your service provider and ask to speak with a representative who handles blocking and unblocking phone numbers.
- Ask the rep to remove any line blocking on your phone lines to ensure recipients of your call can see your caller ID.
- Inquire if you have to pay a fee for the termination of the blocking service, as most service providers charge a fee.
How to Unblock a Phone Number on a Spectrum Landline
If you ever need to unblock a phone number on a Spectrum landline, you must dial *80 to unblock it.
How to Unblock a Phone Number on an AT&T Landline
On an AT&T landline, you have to follow these steps to unblock a number:
- Dial *60 from a touch-tone phone to enter the selective-call-rejection system.
- Press the * button to unblock a number.
- Dial the number you wish to unblock.
- Press the # key to confirm you want to unblock the number.
- To unblock all numbers, dial *80 or 1180 to turn off the call-blocking feature.
How to Unblock a Phone Number on a Verizon Landline
Verizon landline customers can unblock a phone number through various touch-tone options.
- Lift the receiver on your landline phone and listen for a dial tone.
- To unblock numbers from your account, dial *80 from a touch-tone phone and wait for the automated instructions to walk you through the process. You must dial 1180 if you are using a rotary phone.
- Enter the phone numbers you want to unblock when prompted.
How to Unblock a Phone Number on an Xfinity Landline (Formally Comcast)
To cancel Caller ID blocking per line for one call on an Xfinity landline:
- Listen for the dial tone as you lift the receiver.
- Dial *82.
- A confirmation tone and a new dial tone will both be audible.
- Enter the desired number on the phone.
- Your name and phone number will only be displayed on your recipient’s Caller ID screen for that call. This process unblocks the number temporarily.
Community Phone: The Best Wireless Landline Service
Community Phone is a wireless landline phone service that connects to nearby cell towers, negating the need for an internet or copper wire connection. With built-in antennas on the landline base and partnerships with nationwide carriers, signal strength is increased even in signal-weak locations, ensuring dependability and high-quality sound.
Features of Community Phone
1. No Internet Required
Have reliable landline service that will not go down with an internet or network outage as Community Phone does not need internet to operate. It connects your phone to cell towers in your area, ensuring 99% coverage across the United States.
2. Unlimited Nationwide Calling
Stay in touch with your loved ones with Community Phone’s unlimited nationwide calling.
3. Easily Reach Out To Our Customer Support
Contact Community Phone’s 24/7 customer service via chat, mail, or phone to get your questions answered, or concerns addressed promptly.
4. Quick Set-Up
The landline base is easy to set up, even for people with little technical skills. A power outlet and a phone are all you require to get started.
5. Works During Power Outages
The 12-hour backup battery in the landline base ensures your phone works during blackouts and power outages.
The Best Way To Unblock Numbers On Your Landline
Most landline providers do not offer spam-blocking services, leaving you with no option but to block them on your phone manually. Manually blocking spam calls is ineffective because numbers can be blocked only after receiving the call.
The only effective way to block spam calls is to switch to a provider that blocks them automatically before they reach you.
Community Phone offers landline phone service with FREE robo-call blocking that can stop unlawful and unwanted calls from reaching your landline. It allows you to keep your landline phone without tying it to the internet and block 100% of spam calls.
With two different types of services, Robocall Blocking and Complete Scam Blocking plans, Community Phone helps you stay in control of who can call you and when.
The Robocall Blocking feature allows users to block all robocalls before they reach their phone while the Complete Scam Blocking plan enables users to create an “Allow List” which will only allow contacts from that list to be able to contact them.Learn more about how both services work below:
Option 1: Community Phone’s Robocall Blocking
Community Phone’s Robocall Blocking is an effective solution to unwanted calls and spam. With this service, you can block 100% of spam calls and never worry about them again. The best part? It’s free with any of their landline plans, starting at just $39 per month.
How does the Robocall Blocking work?
- When someone dials your Community Phone number, they won’t hear your phone ringing immediately; instead, they will be asked to press 1 to connect.
- Robocalls work by sensing when the recipient picks up the phone and speaks, so when no one does, the call never reaches your phone.
Robo-Call Blocking from Community Phone is easy to set up and use. Once you’ve signed up, you’ll have peace of mind knowing that your private information isn’t being exposed or compromised by spammers or malicious actors attempting to gain access through automated calls.
It is an incredibly cost-effective solution for anyone searching for a simple, quick way to block spam calls.
Option 2: Community Phone’s Complete Scam Blocking
Community Phone’s Complete Scam Blocking enables users to set an “Allow List” of the people who can ring their phone.
All other calls are then blocked by default—preventing 100% of scam calls and unwanted solicitations without manually filtering through each call. This means no more interruptions during meals or when you’re in the middle of something important.
How does the Allow List work?
The Allowed List is easy to set up and manage. You can create a list of contacts you want to receive calls from. This can include friends, family members, work colleagues, or any other people or businesses you are comfortable receiving calls from.
This list acts as a safe-list of approved callers. Then, all other numbers not on your list will be blocked from calling your phone line.
If someone new attempts to call your phone line, the Allowed List will detect the unfamiliar number and automatically reject the call before it even reaches you.
Community Phone’s Complete Scam Blocking provides an excellent solution for anyone looking for a convenient way to protect themselves against telemarketing scams, robocalls, and other types of unsolicited communication while still ensuring they never miss important calls from people they know.
Whether you live alone or have a large family who relies on your landline for communication, this feature can help keep everyone safe from harm while preventing annoying interruptions throughout the day.
The Allow List successfully blocked 12,105 calls for 38 landline users in August. Click the button below to see the results and learn how you can enjoy uninterrupted connection and peace of mind.
Benefits Of Switching To Community Phone
- No hidden charges: Community Phone boasts of transparency and does not surprise its customers with hidden charges. You pay what you signed up for.
- Saves money on installation: The DIY setup of the landline base saves you time and money on installations.
- Cost-effective and affordable plans: The Community Phone landline service saves you hundreds of dollars on setup, maintenance, and installation fees. A recent study revealed that Community Phone is 30% cheaper than most traditional phones, 20-25% cheaper than most VoIP phones, and over 70% cheaper than many cell phone plans.
- Customer-friendly cancellation policies: Anytime you opt out, no cancellation fees are involved.
How to Port Your Number to Community Phone
Phone number porting is the process of keeping your current phone number when you switch service providers. It becomes permanently available with your new carrier when you port your phone number.
To get started, you will need to follow these steps:
- Sign up with Community Phone.
- Ask your current provider to port your number to Community Phone.
- Give the Community Phone team all the necessary credentials.
- Prepare your phone devices for the changeover.
- Await the completion of the number porting.
- Verify that the porting of your number was successful.
- Cancel service with the old provider or request Community Phone to do it for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is * 82 on the Phone?
*82 on the phone unblocks Caller ID on one outbound call. If you previously used *61 to block caller ID for all outgoing calls, you can use this star code to unlock caller ID for a single call.
How do I unblock a number on my Panasonic landline?
Go to your blocked calls list to unblock a number on your Panasonic landline. Navigate to your main menu and choose the list – banned items. Once you’ve highlighted the blocked number, press the enter key or button to access it.
When you reach the blocked number you want, stop scrolling. Your selected blocked number will be highlighted and removed from the list of blocked numbers.
Can you unblock a caller?
You can unblock a caller by dialing *82, followed by the number you want, to allow access to your caller ID information.
You can unblock phone numbers permanently or temporarily, depending on your choice. However, you need not be content with unwanted calls, stalkers, or people you don’t want to stay in contact with. Opt for the Community Phone spam-call blocker when you sign up for their landline service and keep out unwanted calls.
Community Phone is the best landline service provider in the U.S offering future-proof technology to ensure reliability and seamless connectivity with your loved ones. Save money and time with hassle-free installation and cost-effective plans.
Talk to Community Phone’s landline specialists today to learn more or to sign up.