Have you accidentally muted a friend’s Instagram story, or perhaps you muted someone’s story for some other reason? Here in this blog, we will be discussing in detail how to unmute someone’s Story on Instagram.
Muting someone’s stories reduces your interest in them. If you Unmute their stories that will improve involvement because if you see their stories may gain their interest in you. You may choose to mute someone’s Instagram stories for a variety of reasons. you want to limit your story feed to a few people, such as family and close friends. You don’t think a person’s Instagram story brings any face value to your life or Instagram experience. Or there are some things you want to avoid.
While you cannot unmute postings on a computer, you can do so on a mobile device. You may unmute a user’s story for many reasons, you may want to save the aesthetic story shared by your connection. You could now be wondering how to unmute stories on Instagram for that specific account so that they resume appearing in case you change your mind. Well, there are several methods to go about it, as well as it is simple. To unmute stories on Instagram, go to the stories. Scroll to the end of the stories. You’ll see all the muted accounts, greyed out. Long-press the account then, select Unmute Story.
How to Mute Someone’s Story on Instagram?
To mute a person’s Instagram story, you can follow these steps:
- Open the Instagram application on your Android or iOS device.
- Navigate to the Instagram profile you wish to silence and select the “Following” button.
- Choose the “Mute” option from the ensuing menu.
- At this point, you have the flexibility to mute or unmute the user’s Stories, Posts, and Notes based on your preferences.
What happens when you mute someone on Instagram?
When muting someone on Instagram, you have two choices: either mute their posts-image or stories, or both. Any posts made by the person you have muted will not show up in your feed. In contrast, when you silence a person’s story:
- The story will transfer to the bar’s end.
- When something is posted, a vibrant ring no longer appears.
- When you switch between stories, it won’t start playing immediately.
- By visiting the person’s profile or the stories bar at the end, you can still view it.
How to unmute someone’s story on Instagram?
The following are three ways to remove someone from muted stories, refer to the tutorial to unmute Instagram stories:
1. In the Instagram Feed
- Open Instagram on your smartphone.
- Go to the stories at the top of your feed. Then scroll to the end of the stories.
- You’ll see all the muted accounts here, greyed out with no colorful ring around them.
- Long-press the account for which you want to unhide stories. Then, select Unmute Story.
2. Unmuting Instagram Story by visiting the person’s profile
- Go to the account’s profile page.
- Tap on the small down arrow on the ‘Following’ button. A pop-up menu will show.
- When you select ‘Mute’, another menu will appear.
- Toggle the button next to the stories to turn off ‘Mute’. To show that their stories are ‘on’ the button should glow blue.
3. How to Unmute Instagram Story through settings
- Go to your Instagram profile.
- Open the ‘Settings‘ icon from the menu.
- Tap on ‘Privacy’ on the following screen.
- Select ‘Muted Accounts’.
- You’ll see a list of all the profiles you’ve muted on Instagram thus far. It will also say whether you have muted any news, posts, or both.
- Tap the account for which you want to unhide stories.
- It will link you to the user’s profile.
- Tap ‘Following’, then ‘Mute’ and ‘switch off’ the Stories toggle.
What if you have an older version of Instagram?
The above unmute options will not work if Instagram is still running on an older version of your browser. To unmute a profile, go to that profile. This option will come on screen, You have muted [username]’s below the person’s bio. The word ‘Unmute’ is next to this note; tap it. And presto! You’ll be able to see their most recent stories once more!
To sum it up
Knowing how to unmute someone’s story on Instagram can enhance your social media experience by allowing you to reconnect with important content. It’s a straightforward yet powerful feature that gives you the ability to regain access to stories from friends, family, or accounts you follow without them knowing that you had previously muted them.
Whether you temporarily muted someone because of an overload of content or you simply want to reignite your interest in their posts, the ability to unmute is a valuable tool at your disposal.
Keep in mind that Instagram provides a user-friendly interface, allowing you to discreetly manage your preferences. Regardless of whether you’re using an Android device, iPhone, or Instagram Lite, it’s simple to customize your experience based on your interests. This ensures that your Instagram feed is carefully curated as well as enjoyable.
If you wish to start hearing from someone again, unmuting them only requires a few taps. This can reignite your connection with the diverse, inspiring, as well as entertaining stories that Instagram has to offer.
Since we are here, Are you looking for something much more revolutionary which will even help you make content! Sign up for Predis.ai today!
Manage your social media channels as well as also improve engagement by designing interactive posts within a few clicks.
Frequently Asked Questions
Best Instagram Filters: Get More Views On Your Posts And Stories
How To Change Your Instagram Story Background?
Best Get To Know Me Template For Your Next Instagram Story
Behind-the-Scenes Ideas for Travel Agencies on Instagram Stories
Empowering Your Home Decor Shopify Store with AI Marketing
How to Boost Beauty and Cosmetic Shopify Store Marketing with AI?