The biggest advantage of smart TVs over conventional TVs is that smart TVs can be controlled without the remote. Most smart TVs have their own smartphone app to control the devices. In Vizio brands, you can turn on any Vizio TV without a remote easily. Though the Vizio Smart TV has two types of smart TVs, you can turn on the TV without any remote controls.
How to Turn on Vizio TV without Remote
By modifying the picture settings on your Vizio TV, you get the best streaming experience. To get the easiest experience while navigating, Vizio TV offers a handful of options to control it without the remote. With that, you can search for apps, change user settings, and make necessary modifications. There are three ways to turn on Vizio TV without a remote:
- Using the Television Buttons
- Using the Smartphone App
- By Using External Devices
How to Turn On Vizio TV without Remote using the Television Buttons
Every Vizio Smart TV has physical buttons present on it. You have to find the location of those buttons. It will be on the backside of the TV in the bottom right or bottom left.
There you can find more the Power button. There will be buttons for volume control, channel control, and switch input buttons. These buttons can be used if you lost your remote. Until you buy a new remote, you can use these buttons.
How to Turn on Vizio TV without Remote using the Smartphone app
The VIZIO SmartCast Mobile app is available on the Play Store and the App Store. You can use the app to control your Vizio TV. Download the app on your smartphone from the respective store. Update your Vizio Smart TV to the latest version and use this app if you are facing pairing issues.
(1) Open the VIZIO SmartCast Mobile app on your smartphone.
(2) Go to Devices and click Add on the top right corner.
(3) Hold your smartphone near the Vizio TV to pair the app with your TV.
(4) When it is paired, click the Control icon on the lower end of the screen.
(5) You will get the remote layout. Click the Power button to turn on your TV.
(6) With the app, you can control your Vizio TV with ease.
Note: The app works only for Vizio SmartCast TVs. You can’t control the Vizio models that are released before 2015 with the app.
By using the VIZIO SmartCast Mobile app, you can turn up the volume, factory reset the Vizio TV without using the remote. In some Andriod smartphones, you have the pre-installed remote control app to control electronic devices. For instance, Mi Remote app for the Xiaomi smartphone. You can also try those apps to turn on your Vizio TV.
How to Turn on Vizio Smart TV Without Remote By Using External Devices
Gaming consoles like PlayStation and Nintendo Switch can also be used to turn on the Vizio Smart TV. By connecting these consoles to your TV, you can turn on the TV without the use of the remote.
(1) Connect your PS4 console to your Vizio Smart TV by using the HDMI cable.
(2) On your console, go to Settings.
(3) Select the System option.
(4) Scroll down to the Enable HDMI Device Link and tick the checkbox.
(5) After this, whenever you turn on your console, it will automatically turn on your Vizio TV.
Using Nintendo Switch
(1) Using the dock, connect your Nintendo Switch to Vizio TV.
(2) Open the System Settings on your Nintendo.
(3) Go to the TV Settings on the left pane and turn on the Match TV Power State.
(4) When you restart your console, it will turn on the Vizio TV.
Since there is no HDMI-CEC in Xbox consoles, you can’t use the console to turn on the Vizio Smart TV. These are the possible ways that you can turn on your Vizio TV without a remote. Use these hacks to control your TV, if you lost your remote. If you know any other way to turn on the smart TV without a remote, share that in the comments below and let others know.
Using the Vizio SmartCast Mobile app, you can turn up or down the volume on your Vizio TV without using the remote.
The Power button will be on the backside of the Vizio TV.