Wi-Fi calling is nowadays used worldwide as it provides clear and reliable calls, especially when you have a poor mobile network. However, despite its convenience, Wi-Fi calling can sometimes encounter problems, leaving you feeling frustrated and disconnected.
In this guide, we will explore the reasons why WiFi calling not working and offer some workable solutions to help you get back to seamless communication.
So, if you’re also facing issues with Wi-Fi calling, keep on reading to troubleshoot and resolve the problem.
How Does Wi-Fi Calling Work on Android Phones?
Wi-Fi calling works the same as your mobile network calls. The difference is only that Wi-Fi calls are made on VoIP (Voice Over Internet) protocol whereas cellular network calls are made through VoLTE (Voice Over LTE) network that may not be available in some remote areas.
In fact, social media like Facebook, Skype, or WhatsApp also use VoIP networks to make phone calls via Wi-Fi connection.
How to Fix Wi-Fi Calling Not Working on Android?
Fix 1: Check for Wi-Fi Calling Compatibility
Compatibility is the main reason why Wi-Fi calling not working. Make sure that your device and carrier support Wi-Fi calling service.
Not all carriers and devices offer this feature, so the first thing you need to do is to check with your carrier to confirm compatibility.
Fix 2: Ensure Wi-Fi & Wi-Fi Calling is Enabled
If Wi-Fi or Wi-Fi calling is disabled on your device, you may not be able to make Wi-Fi calls. So, ensure that both the services are enabled and that your device is connected to a strong and stable Wi-Fi network.
Open the Shortcut menu and see if the Wi-Fi icon is enabled or not. If not, tap on it to enable it and connect to a reliable connection.
To check if Wi-Fi calling is enabled or not, follow the steps here:
- First, open Settings on your Android phone
- Then, head to the Network & Internet >> Mobile Network options.
- Here, check if the Wi-Fi calling is enabled or not. If not, toggle on the button for it to enable.
Also Read: Fixed Authentication Error WiFi On Android
Fix 3: Restart Your Android Device
There are times when software glitches on your phone can cause connection issues, leading to Wi-Fi calling not showing up Android. In such a case, a fresh restart of your device can resolve the problem.
Here are the steps to do so:
- Press or hold the Power button until you see the menu.
- Then, click the Restart option.
- After restarting check whether Wi-Fi calling not working on Android issue is resolved or not.
Fix 4: Check for the Interferences
Wi-Fi interference from other networks or devices can disrupt the Wi-Fi calling service. Make sure that your phone is within the Wi-Fi range of the source device and that it’s not too congested with other devices or blocked by previously connected networks.
Also, remove all the saved Wi-Fi networks to avoid conflict and enjoy an interruption-free network.
- Go to Settings and access the Connections section.
- Then, enable the Wi-Fi option. After this, you will see a list of all saved networks.
- Now, press and hold on to each of the saved networks and tap on the Forget option to remove the Wi-Fi network connection.
Also Read: Wi-Fi Keeps Disconnecting Android
Fix 5: Reset Network Settings on Your Phone
Network settings can be the reason why the Wi-Fi calling on your phone not working. So, resetting the network settings will help you resolve the problem.
Follow the steps below:
- Access the Settings app on your phone.
- Then, scroll down and select the Additional Settings option.
- Navigate to the Back up and reset option and select it.
- Choose the Reset Phone>>Reset network settings options.
- Confirm the reset process by entering the phone password.
Also Read: Wi-Fi stuck on Obtaining IP Address
Fix 6: Update Your Device Software
An outdated software version may have compatibility issues with the Wi-Fi calling service and can cease it from working. Here, try updating your OS to the latest available version is the best way how to fix Wi-Fi calling not working on Android.
Here’s how to update your Android device:
- Go to the Settings app on your device.
- Head to the Software update category.
- Then, check here for the available update.
- Hit the Download Now button to install.
Fix 7: Contact Your Carrier
If all else solutions fail and Wi-Fi calling is still not working, contact your carrier support to verify whether or not the Wi-Fi calling for your account is enabled from their end.
Sometimes, the feature must be enabled from their end to work finely on your device. So, contact them for assistance.
How to Set Up Wi-Fi Calling on Android Phone?
Setting up Wi-Fi Calling on an Android device can vary depending on the phone model & wireless carrier. However, the general are as follows referred from Google Support:
- Launch the Phone application on your Android phone.
- Click the three horizontal dots icon and select Settings.
- Scroll down to the Calls option and select it.
- Now, choose the Wi-Fi calling option and enable it. If Wi-Fi Calling not showing up Android, it means the feature is not supported by your carrier.
Android Repair Tool – One-Click Solution to Android Problems
Android Repair Tool is the best-known software to fix errors and issues on Android. Using this software, users can get rid of any problem on their phone including blue/black screen of death, problem parsing the package, bricked Android phone issues, update failed errors, and others.
The software is supported on many Android phones including Samsung, Sony, Huawei, Nokia, Google Pixel, Xiaomi, and many others.
Moreover, the tool has a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to use and navigate within it. So, without wasting much time, download the software and get rid of any problem on your Android phone by following the instructions here.
Frequently Asked Questions:
So, these are some sets of solutions that you can try to resolve the Wi-Fi calling not working problem on your Android phone.
For any further doubts or queries, visit us on Twitter or Facebook.